Protecting your privacy is important to us
Protecting your privacy is important to Snap Telecommunications, Inc. This notice describes our use and protection of nonpublic personal information that we obtain when you complete an application, place an order, call us, or send us a letter or email. As you review this notice, please remember that:
- We respect your privacy and make safeguarding your personal information a priority.
- We maintain security practices to keep your personal information safe.
- We do not sell or share your personal information with unrelated companies so that they can market their products or services to you.
- If we believe that an unrelated company offers products or services that would be of interest to you, we may communicate to you about them. We will not communicate with these companies regarding your relationship with us, nor will we provide them any of your personal information. It will be up to you whether you wish to respond to their offer that we forwarded to you.
- We expect persons or organizations that provide services on our behalf to keep your personal information confidential and to use it only to provide the services we have asked them to perform.
- When it comes to privacy, we believe that you have the right to make meaningful choices. If you ask us not to do so, we will not contact you about additional products and services.
What Personal Information We Collect From You and How We Share and Protect It
1. Types of Personal Information We Collect From You
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Information about your identity, such as your name, address, email, and telephone number.
- Information about your order transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, such as your credit card number and expiration date.
- Information about your service usage with us, such as your calling frequency, duration of calls, and customer service, support, and website usage.
2. How We May Share Your Personal Information with Others
We may share all of the personal information we collect with:
- Our "affiliates" (i.e., companies related to us by common control or ownership by our parent company, such as an interpreting service provider).
- Unrelated companies that perform work for us, including companies that perform customer service and support, customer surveys, or help us market or deliver products and services to you. All such companies that act on our behalf are contractually obligated to keep the personal information we provide them confidential and to use the personal information we share only to provide the services we ask them to perform for us.
- Companies and other entities as required or permitted by law.
3. We Protect the Confidentiality and Security of the Personal Information We Collect From You
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those individuals who need to know that information to provide goods and services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and industry standards to guard your personal information. Specifically, for example, we use encryption technology to safeguard your credit card data used in electronic transactions and store any personal information we collect from you on secure services.
4. You May Ask Us Not to Contact You about Additional Products or Services
From time to time, we may call, email, or send direct mail to tell you about additional products and services from Snap!VRS, its affiliates, or unrelated companies that we think may be of interest to you. You may, however, opt out of such practice by telling us not to contact you about additional products and services. To opt out from such practice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the opt-out may take up to thirty (30) days to take effect. Or you may opt out by updating the appropriate content in the "My Account" section of our website. However, we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Snap!VRS service, such as service announcements and administrative messages that are considered part of your Snap!VRS account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such communications.
Snap!VRS or a designated service provider may also place or recognize a unique cookie on your computer in order to display advertisements that you see on this website. Information about your visits to, and activity on, this site, as well as the number of times you have viewed an advertisement, is used to display on your computer screen customized advertisements that may be of particular interest to you.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to disable cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. The help function on most browsers contains instructions on how to set your browser to notify you before accepting cookies or to disable cookies entirely. However, it is possible that some parts of this website will not function properly if you disable cookies.
6. Policy Changes
7. Links To Third-Party Websites
Snap!VRS may provide links to third-party websites. Since we do not control third-party sites and are not responsible for any personal information you may provide while on such sites, we encourage you to read the privacy policies on those websites before providing any of your personal information on such sites.
8. Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
You may contact us in order to access, review, rectify, or delete the personal information that you have provided to us by sending us an email describing your request to email@example.com. All requests must include the following information: first name, last name, and email address. Or you may update your personal information by accessing the "My Account" section of the website. While Snap!VRS will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we also reserve the right to impose certain restrictions and requirements on such requests, if allowed or required by applicable laws. You should also be aware that in certain circumstances it may take a substantial amount of time, or not even be technologically possible, to fully accommodate your request.
9. Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
In accordance with the COPPA Act, a child under 13 may not submit an online application to Snap!VRS. Snap!VRS requires children under 13 to download a print application and mail or fax it to Snap!VRS along with the consent of a parent or guardian.
10. Contact Information
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact us via any of the following methods:
Your use of AOL Instant Messenger / iChat is also governed by AOL Privacy Policies which are separate nd different from Snap!VRS policies. These are found at http://privacy.aol.com.
|Mail:||Snap Telecommunications, Inc.
2 Blue Hill Plaza, 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 1626
Pearl River, NY 10965